[3830] CQWW CW 7X2ARA(DF4SA) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 09:45:42 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 7X2ARA
Operator(s): DF4SA
Station: 7X2ARA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Algiers

  160:  111     5       32
   80:  472    10       57
   40:  923    23       76
   20:  937    21       74
   15:  853    21       66
   10:  527    20       52

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

RIG:
TS 570, trap vertical on 40 - 10m, wire vertical on 80 / 160m

A last minute effort, many thanks to the "ARA" (Amateur Radio association of
Algeria) for letting me operate their club station.

SRI if you thought I was deaf from time to time, but the QTH is in the center of
Algiers city, making for a constant high noise level on all bands, sometimes
over S9, especially on the low bands...
Also missed directional antennas and a CW filter for sure ... :-)

Hills toward USA and SA made this nearly a worked-all-europe operation
(87 percent of the QSOs is EU).

Anyway, it was big fun being the only 7X on the band and had a great time with
the 7X gang (I hope they enjoyed the 80m/160m antenna work too... :-))
Thanks a lot, boys !!

73
Con DF4SA