[3830] CQWW CW OZ7BQ SOSB(A)/40 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 12:13:47 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ7BQ
Operator(s): OZ7BQ
Station: OZ7BQ

Class: SOSB(A)/40 QRP
QTH: Hørsholm
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  210    12       56

This year I wanted to try my Elecraft K1 on 40 meters, but could not start until
saturday evening. Luckly conditions were good, and I am very impressed how much
you can work with 5 watts and an old R7 vertical.
A61AJ, JA6GCE and PX0F were bagged as my best DX's after waiting for a quiet
moment. Many US East Coast stations were worked at first call.
With QRP S&P seems the only way to go, so the dupe-check is great when you get
sleepy.
The CQ WW CW contest surely is the contest of the year. QRP operation is just
making the fun greater.

CU next year. 73 de OZ7BQ Joe