[3830] CQWW CW W6RCL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 18:07:37 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6RCL
Operator(s): W6RCL
Station: W6RCL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX

   80:   11     5        4
   40:   50    18       28
   20:  107    27       56
   15:  106    20       31
   10:   81    18       24

Club: HOLLYWOOD HILLS QRP CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

TERRIFIC PROPAGATION FOR THE LEFT COAST -- 20M WAS OPEN ALL NIGHT SATURDAY.  THE
NOISE WAS LOW AND THE EAST COAST QRM WAS VERY LIGHT.  EVEN WITH LowPower I WAS
ABLE TO WORK MANY EUROs  ON THE FIRST CALL.

Thanks VE2IM for activating Zone 2 and thanks, too, to the DX-peditioners who
made some of the rarer countries available, including T32WW who had a great
signal into W6. HC8N was in my log on all bands 80-10 ---- thanks Tree and
company.  And thanks to all the VEs -- I wish more of you would have been on for
ARRL SS!!

Argentina and Brazil were very active -- but where were the rest of the South
American hams?   I never even heard Zone 12 on anyband!

And finally, thanks to all for putting up with my oft-erratic fist!  Best 73 and
Happy Holidays.

de alan