[3830] CQWW CW NP4Z SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 10:18:00 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: remote

  160:    7     5        6
   80:   34    10       28
   40:  107    12       40
   20:  400    25       63
   15:  457    18       36
   10:  682    21       50

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

What great fun!! When Jeff decided to come down to operate the CW contest to go
after the CW NA record, I said great, but then later I started thinking on how I
was going to survive without doing my favorite contest... then I said I have to
find a way to be active but at the same time to have fun..so I decided to put
together a Remote contest Station and work people without bothering his station
or him to me and went and Installed a remote system using TRx manager in one of
the highest mountains in PR.
It was all via de Internet, except the receive audio that I decide to run a UHF
link for it, (it was supposed to run the audio also via the internet but the
Voip software was a little unstable)
The power issues and other personal things got in the way for a full effort but

I loved it, It was one of the most rewarding experiences in my ham radio
career... Just Imagine watching Jeff operate and at the same time running guys
remotely just 10 Khz above him!!!
Every qso required 5 clicks on the logging and Remote software since the keying
from the log wasnt transparent, due to a little interface problem in the
software, Im told It will be fixed. thats why sometimes It took some time to me
to reply to the callers..
Thanks to Laourent F6dex for a great software and great support ( we where
trying sofware patches all weekend long)..

It was a very big rewarding  weekend.. New NA record for Jeff and a new
experience for me.

Felipe
NP4Z/Remote