[3830] CQWW CW OH0Z M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 13:11:53 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH0Z
Operator(s): OH1JT OH2JA OH2HE OH2IW OH2XX OH5JOC OH6DD OH6EI OH7BX OH7JR OH7RR
Station: OH0Z

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Aland Is.

  160:  1142    16       71
   80:  1861    35      116
   40:  2548    39      138
   20:  3153    39      144
   15:  1968    38      135
   10:  1385    40      135
-------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Turning the superb OH0Z SOAB station into a full scale Multi/Multi in a few days
was a bit of a challenge but sure an exciting one and we believe our team
managed it quite well.

We want to apologise though for multiple "call?" repeats even for the big guns
as we experienced some very heavy (59+40dB) internal interference on 40-10m
bands whenever our 80m station was on the air. Luckily that was the only bigger
problem that remained unsolved in this effort where the risks were quite high.

As stated here already the propagation took also us by surprise. We did not
excpect to get this close to our OH2U European multi/multi record this year any
more. The competetition was sure tight as always and it remains to be seen if
any of the the other European m/m operations surpassed the 22,2 Mpts record
line.

But the bottom line is that this was fun. If there is one contest we'll enter
every year it sure is CQWW CW. Thank you all!

73 de Team OH2U

team at oh2u.com

www.oh2u.com
www.qsl.net/oh0z