[3830] SS SSB K7ZSD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 2 16:04:28 EST 2003

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NW Oregon

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My first real effort for SS phone in many years, and learned a few lessons for
next season. I stayed on too late Saturday night when rates became very low,
slept six hours, and got up to a full band, poor strategy on my part. Also,
should have worked the full 24 hours, and being unnassisted, should have spent
time finding NT and NL. My head hurt after this contest, with the upper bands
not producing, there was alot of pressure on 20, 40, and 80, and beaming across
the entire U.S. produced a loud roar. It seemed there were alot of QRP stations,
and getting the long report was tedious at times. Overall, very good operators,
and I thank all of them for the QSO's. See you next year.