[3830] CQWW CW ES5TV SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 3 07:13:57 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jogeva

  160:  151    12       48
   80:  296    25       79
   40:  664    35      107
   20:  753    32      104
   15:  665    35      101
   10:  600    33       95

Great contest, fantastic propagation, great training for me! It was my first
serious CW contest and the skills are still rough. I thought 48 hours of
constant beeping would drive me mad and it almost did:)

I have to say it was tremendously more easy to stay up than in SSB. I made only
2 five minute breaks, that's it. No physical tiredness, could have continued for
another 24 but mentally it became almost impossible to translate this strange
code into callsigns.

I have to thank those US guys in the last hours on 20m for their patience. Boy,
it took me a minute for QSO coping one character at a time. Funny mess in the
head. I heard sth like dah-dit-dit dit-dah-dit-dit on my frequency. Mind started
from what's that? I have heard it somewhere before. After a while from the very
deep unconciousness rose that yes, Germany, I guess. So next question - can't
write Germany into log, have to have callsign. So another painful process of
figuring that out. Finally DL? gets transmitted:)))

I made 2000 QSOs in the first day with constant running and using 2nd Radio for
finding occasional mults. My personal best hours were over 130 on 10m. It became
difficult to use 2nd Radio after 24h and soon after that I found that pile up is
not for me any more. So I spent most of the second day S&Ping for multipliers. I
am quite happy with zone count. Have to admit that got into DXing on low bands
for a while:)

My goal was anyway to exceed ES record of 2 mio and I guess I did it so I am
glad and even if 5.5-6 mio would have been doable with keeping the rates up
second day, I will leave it for next year...

Funny to see I'm just less than 1 QSO ahead of DJ5MW by claimed score. GL in UBN
Manfred:)

I look forward to seeing Timo's score from CT8T, that will be a blow I guess!

Biggest thrill of the contest was probably 3 western DXs on 160: FM5GU, P40E and
VY2ZM. I listened and called FM5GU for hours till he finally came up to 599!!!
and answered me! P40E and VY2ZM were at noise level but copied me well, thanks
guys!

Glad to work 5U5Z on 5 bands (big signals!) and TO4WW on 10,15,40 (those chaos
pile ups where easy to find but tough to crack:). Got T32WW on 15m just a few
minutes before contest end for double mult!

Nice to have TO6M, 9J2CA, ZC4T, FY5FY, 5X1X, VR2BG, ZF2NT, XE2AC, FK8KAB, KL7RA,
9M4JB, 5NOW, V47KP and others coming back to my CQ. Great to see that DX also
S&P:)

Continents
                   160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =      0     6   210   232   235   264     0     0     0    947
  VE calls    =      1     3    14    19    13    14     0     0     0     64
  N.A. calls  =      1     7    11    15    14    10     0     0     0     58
  S.A. calls  =      1     4    10    15    11    19     0     0     0     60
  Euro calls  =    131   232   346   292   279   197     0     0     0   1477
  Afrc calls  =      2     8    14    12    12    16     0     0     0     64
  Asia calls  =     14    31    34    50    38    39     0     0     0    206
  JA calls    =      0     1     3   105    41    24     0     0     0    174
  Ocen calls  =      0     2     8     5    15    13     0     0     0     43

  Unknowns    =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0

  Total calls =    150   294   650   745   658   596     0     0     0   3093

Multipliers

160CW
05      17      3V      EA8     G       I       OH      P4      TA      VE
08      18      4X      EI      GI      JT      OH0     PA      UA      YI
09      20      5B      ES      GM      JY      OK      S5      UA2     YL
14      21      9A      EU      GU      LA      OM      SM      UA9     YO
15      23      DL      F       HA      LY      ON      SP      UN      YU
16      33      EA6     FM      HB      LZ      OZ      T9      UR      ZA

 80CW
02      17      34      9H      EA8     HA      LX      PA      TK      YL
04      18      35      9M2     EI      HB      LY      PJ2     UA      YO
05      19      3V      9M6     ER      HC8     LZ      PY      UA2     YU
07      20      40      A4      ES      HI      OE      S5      UA9     Z3
08      21      4X      A6      EU      I       OH      SM      UN      ZA
09      23      5B      CN      EX      JA      OH0     SP      UR
10      24      5U      CT      EY      JT      OK      SU      VE
11      25      6Y      CT3     F       JY      OM      T9      VK
14      28      7X      D4      G       K       ON      TA      VP5
15      29      8P      DL      GM      KP4     OZ      TF      VP9
16      33      9A      EA      GM/S    LA      P4      TI      VR

 40CW
01      18      35      9A      EA6     GW      LX      S5      UK      YU
02      20      37      9H      EA8     HA      LY      SM      UN      YV
03      21      38      9M2     EI      HB      LZ      SP      UR      Z3
04      22      39      9V      ES      HC8     OE      SU      V2      ZA
05      24      3V      A4      EU      HI      OH      SV      V4      ZB
07      25      40      A6      EX      I       OH0     SV5     VE      ZL
08      26      4J      CM      F       IG9     OK      T32     VK      ZS
09      27      4U1I    CN      FM      IS      OM      T9      VP5
10      28      4X      CT      FR/J    IT9     ON      TA      VP9
11      29      5B      CT3     G       JA      OZ      TF      VR
13      30      5N      CX      GI      K       P4      TI      VU
14      31      5U      D4      GJ      KH2     PA      TK      XU
15      32      5X      DL      GM      KL      PJ2     UA      YB
16      33      7X      DU      GM/S    KP4     PY      UA2     YL
17      34      8P      EA      GU      LA      PY0F    UA9     YO

 20CW
02      17      34      9H      DL      GI      JA      OM      T9      VP9
03      18      35      9M2     EA      GM      JT      ON      TA      XE
04      19      38      9Y      EA6     GW      JY      OY      TF      YL
05      20      3V      A4      EA8     HA      K       OZ      TI      YO
06      21      40      A6      EI      HB      KP4     P4      UA      YU
07      23      4L      BV      ES      HC8     LA      PA      UA2     YV
08      24      5B      BY      EU      HI      LU      PJ2     UA9     ZA
09      25      5N      CE9     EX      HK      LX      PY      UN      ZF
10      26      5U      CM      EY      HL      LY      S5      UR      ZL
11      28      6Y      CN      F       HS      LZ      SM      V2      ZS
13      29      7X      CT3     FK      I       OE      SP      V4
14      30      8P      CU      FM      IS      OH      SU      VE
15      32      9A      CX      FY      J3      OH0     SV      VK
16      33      9G      D4      G       J8      OK      SV5     VP8

cqwwes5tv

 15CW
02      17      32      9A      EA8     GM      JT      OH0     T32     XU
03      18      33      9J      EA9     GU      JY      OK      T9      YB
04      19      35      9Y      EI      GW      K       OM      TF      YL
05      20      36      A6      ES      HA      KH2     ON      TI      YO
06      21      38      BV      EU      HB      KH6     OY      UA      YU
07      23      39      BY      EX      HC8     KP2     OZ      UA9     Z3
08      24      3V      CT      F       HK      KP4     P4      UN      ZA
09      25      3W      CT3     FJ      HP      LA      PA      UR      ZF
10      26      40      CX      FM      HS      LU      PJ2     V2      ZL
11      27      5B      D4      FR/J    HZ      LX      PY      V4      ZS
13      28      5U      DL      G       I       LY      S5      VE
14      29      6Y      DU      GD      IT9     LZ      SM      VK
15      30      7X      EA      GI      J8      OE      SP      VP9
16      31      8P      EA6     GJ      JA      OH      SV      XE

 10CW
03      17      33      5U      D4      F       JY      OM      TI      VP5
04      18      34      5X      DL      FM      K       ON      TK      XE
05      19      35      6Y      DU      FR/J    KH2     OZ      TU      XU
06      20      37      8P      EA      G       KP4     P4      UA      YB
07      21      38      9A      EA6     GM      LA      PJ2     UA2     YL
08      24      39      9M2     EA8     GW      LU      PY      UA9     YO
09      25      3V      9Y      EI      HA      LY      S5      UK      YU
10      26      3W      A4      ER      HC8     LZ      SM      UN      ZA
11      27      40      BV      ES      HL      OA      SP      UR      ZC4
13      28      4X      BY      EU      I       OE      SU      V2      ZL
14      29      5B      CT      EX      IT9     OH      SV      V4      ZS
15      30      5N      CT3     EY      J3      OH0     T9      VE
16      32      5R      CX      EZ      JA      OK      TF      VK

http://www.lhv.ee/images/files/es5tv.htm

73
Tonno
ES5TV