[3830] CQWW CW I7/9A3A SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 3 11:24:01 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: I7/9A3A
Operator(s): 9A3A
Station: 9A3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brindisi, Italy

  160:  200     8       41
   80:  154    11       51
   40:  491    21       61
   20:  102    17       48
   15:  111    17       47
   10:  114    20       48
------------------------------
Total: 1172    94      296  Total Score = 813,540

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Limited operation with an HF6VX multiband vertical, which performed well on
80/40, but I had problems breaking pile ups on high bands. On Sunday afternoon I
took out of the box famous "5B4ADA" 160m inverted V and managed to squeeze it in
and around the backyard somehow, weirdly shaped. Although very low (under 10m),
I was surprised working 200 qso on Topband and reaching as far as VE1ZZ (nice to
hear you again Jack). My theory that on Topband antenna wire color matters the
most seems to be correct, HI.

Congrats to Jose (good to see you back in style), Champ (Just Do It team) and
others who joined CQWW fun.

As I am getting out more and more equipment from the container (one TRCVR and
HF6VX for WWPH, one amp and 160m ant for WWCW), I may set up my SO2R Cyprus
station by the WRTC 2006!

73 Ivo I7/9A3A
ex C4A