[3830] ARRL 160 WA1Z Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 08:03:27 EST 2003

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 654  Sections = 58  Countries = 15  Total Score = 100,740

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

1/4-wave Inverted L with 89 radials totaling about 6,200 feet on ground.
100 watts

Two highlights for me:
1. Surprised to be called by several EU stations on Saturday Morning at EU
sunrise.  That's never happened before on 160 for me.
2. Being called by ZA1UT Saturday evening.  That's DEFINITELY never happened to
me on 160 before!

Made the mistake of trying to do a project for work while CQing at times.  That
led to some missed calls and sloppy exchanges.  I'll get my priorities straight
next time (work will have to wait!)!!!

73,
Bob WA1Z