[3830] ARRL 160 N8II Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 10:24:50 EST 2003

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV

Total:  QSOs = 777  Sections = 70  Countries = 13  Total Score = 133,464

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is about the most I can score without "pushing it". It was a rough day at
 work Friday, so I only operated about 3.3 hours the first night mostly
running
 320 Q's, first hour was great! The alarm was set for 11Z, but power was
 momentarily interrupted during the snowstorm and back-up battery was low, so
 my bedroom clock showed 4AM as I was realizing it's not daylight at 4AM
 usually, Hi! No new sections out West worked due to sunrise start. From
there,
 things started improving. I was able to keep a run going most of Saturday
 evening and was called by an occasional Eu from 23Z til 0030Z. I was called
 by 2 OK's, 4 G's, YZ7A, and DK8GN. Condx to the West Sat night were about as
 bad as they can get without a solar storm. Finally around 03Z, I started to
 fill in a few of the multitude of sections needed like ID, NV, NE, ND, and
 several in CA. Sunday AM im 11Z hour was very productive for Western mults;
 VA7DX called in and must have spotted me as a had a mini-run of Pacific NW
 stations including EWA and AB. VE5ZX called and worked a few new CA stations;
 condx weren't great. T32WW was only DX heard/worked to the West. It was fun;
 shoveling the very wet heavy snow Sat wasn't. Sometime, I'll take this test
 seriously, but it's at a busy time of year.