[3830] ARRL 160 VE3RCN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 12:05:27 EST 2003

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Kingston On
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 163  Sections = 41  Countries = 0  Total Score = 13,366

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Just shows what a full wave loop (20 feet drooping to 8 feet) and a part time
effort can do. Once again, Navy business cut into the operation time (as did the
need to sleep). With the low antenna, I could post a higher score as an SWL. A
very fun and polite contest none the less. I was surprised by all the local
(read Ontario) stations that were on the air. I wish I could find some of you in
the other contests. Next year, the skyhook should be up another six feet...I
wonder what the difference will make?