[3830] ARRL 160 N9RV M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 19:41:33 EST 2003

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV + PACKET
Station: N9RV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 728  Sections = 73  Countries = 20  Total Score = 144,336

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Friday night was a total bust here.  Noise on all antennas was high.
I just bagged it and operated more on Sat night, which was quiet.

I need more TX antenna on 160 -- couldn't make a Q with RN6BN even
when he was loud, plus G6PZ, EA3JE (no surprise there) and others
who didn't even give me a ?.  Using a almost full sized quarter wave
vert, but the terrain to EU slopes upward, and it seems to hurt me
in that direction.

Nice little EU opening after 0600z on Sat night.  I even worked a
ZA!  Sat night in general was quite fun.

Don't think that having packet bought me much, but it made things
a little more entertaining.  There is much better W/VE participation
in the ARRL 160, but better DX in the CQ.  They are both a lot of
fun when conditions are right.

Seasons greetings to all.

  - Pat
    N9RV