[3830] CQWW CW VA3XRZ SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 8 14:13:36 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3XRZ
Operator(s): VA3XRZ
Station: VA3XRZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON

  160:   13     3        3
   80:   36     9        9
   40:   81    10       26
   20:   73    15       34
   15:   57    18       34
   10:   78    21       36

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

After spending the previous week packing boxes I ended up Thursday afternoon
with an ugly back pain that made it hard for me to stay on the chair for more
than a couple of hours at a time. I took both nights off for a rest, otherwise
the QSO count in the low bands should have been higher.

Anyway, I got a new one in 160m (thanks FM5GU), a few new ones in 80m and an all
time new one (ZA1A) in two bands.

Thanks to the local Hydro or Town ignoring my repeated requests to fix the
street lights that render 20m useless as soon as they go on at dusk I switched
to 10m in the last hour to find a very nice opening to JA and the Pacific that
would have been much better if I only had a plumber instead of a vertical.

Some interesting exchanges received were a 5997 from a 6Y and a 5996 from an N6
who probably thought this was the IARU contest.

And what happened to zone 12 this time? I could only work one single XQ.

TS-830S 90W
160m inverted L up 4m with no radials just a 1.2m rod
80/40m trap DP up 6m
20/15/10m R5 up 8m
N1MM Logger 3.0.126

73,