[3830] CQWW CW DL3YBM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 10 11:24:01 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL3YBM
Operator(s): DL3YBM
Station: DL3YBM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:  236    13       56
   80:  497    16       70
   40:  817    28       90
   20:  634    24       80
   15:  585    28       82
   10:  420    28       79

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Wow, what a contest! About 4 months of preparation went into this one, including
lots of construction work (tnx Wolf, DF2PY) and physical training (I thought
this would help me to go 48 hours straight – and it sure did).
All in all it was big fun. I felt I was doing great during the contest, only to
find out it probably was more mediocre than I thought when I saw all the big EU
scores being posted. I suspect that operating from a different site with a
different set-up makes the old strategy obsolete, too. Probably should have CQed
more often and spent less time S&P as I believe the mult total is ok, the Q
total is not. Also think I spent too much time on the low bands. However,
working 9M2 and HC8 on 160 were highlights of the contest.
Good news is that there were no significant hardware problems and for the first
time I didn’t even think of taking a nap. Felt pretty fine right through the
end, though I realize now I must have been very, very tired at that time. Had
some mild early symptoms of hallucination and needed lots and lots of repeats
during the final run on 40. Thinking of it I think I needed more repeats than is
acceptable all the time I was running – maybe one more variable that leaves room
for improvement, hi. Makes me wonder what my UBN report will look like.
Congrats to all you great OPs out there. Isn’t it nice to see that contesting in
general and CW contesting in particular is alive and kicking ?!!