[3830] ARRL 10 VE4GV SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 21:52:12 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MB

   CW:  111    31
  SSB:  110    31
-------------------
Total:  221    62  Total Score = 41,168

I thought Sweepstakes SSB was a complete waste of time, now this ! I've never
worked so hard for such a poor score.  This ranks right up there. What pathetic,
sucky conditions.  Hey! I worked just Idaho...Oh wow. Isn't that exciting. ( No
offence to the ID ops out there)

Rotator problems here had the beam stuck SSE. Guess what? IT DIDN'T MAKE A
DIFFERENCE! Paths were so screwy and skewed that it was probably the BEST place
to leave it anyway.

I've asked the Contest Concierge to give me a wake up call in about 5 years
...say 2008. Until then, up here north of the 49th parallel, we might as well
get some sleep. Maybe by then  we'll be able to work ONE Eu or ONE Ja during the
whole test. I suppose we shouldn't complain. At least the band wasn't totally
dead.  That's coming.

My biggest fear is for the potential new crop of contesters coming up. If the
youngsters see how much "fun" we're having with the rate meter "zooming" past
all of a sepctacular 20/hr, we're gonna have a lot of trouble convincing them
that this is actually "fun". Some of the local VE4s are giving some serious
consideration to moving to the caribbean for some of these tests. Otherwise, why
bother. It just plain sucks. Or I may just be getting crotchety in my old age.
Less tolerance for old Sol's flatulent fluctuations.

Blech.

Rob VE4GV