[3830] ARRL 10 ZL6QH M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 22:33:19 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL2AOV ZL2BSJ
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Wellington

   CW:  950    91
  SSB: 1044    89
-------------------
Total: 1994   181  Total Score = 1,065,728

Club: QHUG

Comments:

Very good Stateside: booming signals from The Far Side (East Coast) ... workable
right up to their local midnight. Also, good VE, but missed quite a few
provinces as well as Alaska and DC.

No propagation to SA and AF, Central America and Carib.were tough. Good signals
out of Asia, but not too much activity, except of course Japan.

Also, no Middle East to speak of. Eu opened, but closed before we had time to
start argueing with the pile-up.

Weirdest QSO: OH4UTP at 03:24 UTC CW over the US (S9+10dB).

Most unusual spot: SADDAM/KG4 (he got away...bummer!)

Our QSO numbers were 20 % up, over last year, but the score is similar, due to
fewer mults.

Condolences to Doug ZL2AOV for popping the T/R circuit in his TS850..at least it
happened before the contest :-) And the beams didn't blow down either. Tnx
ZL2AOV for doing most of the Sideband. Wasn't it fun?!

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ (for ZL6QH ops)