[3830] ARRL 10 N4ZR SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 04:59:36 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WV

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  330    97  Total Score = 123,190

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Power supply on the Mark 5 went south the week before the contest, and had a lot
of other obligations, so only did a few hours using my TS-930/PIEXX driving the
venerable modified SB-220, which continues to run like a train (a German train).
 Both days' European openings were very short, although continued to work the
odd UA and OH till around 1700Z.  ZL6QH was rolling in around 2100Z, continuing
the pattern of recent contests -- a major antenna upgrade, perhaps?

N1MM Logger continues to impress -- an efficient user interface (even better
than TR Log, my previous benchmark) and very smooth radio control, plus
extremely responsive support, even during contests.  Downloading and installing
a new version is smoothly integrated into the program itself and takes only
seconds.