[3830] ARRL 10 OK1RI SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 16 03:43:23 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  631   113
  SSB:  549   109
-------------------
Total: 1180   222  Total Score = 804,084

Equipment Description: IC775 + PPA
4 x 6Y OWA @ 31/25/19/13m all rotating together.
No second antenna this year.

Some statistics:
MULTS - states / DXCC
CW 32/81
SSB 23/86
DAY one 837 QSO - DAY two 343 ONLY

     CW
North America   CW  169    14.3 out of it W/VE 162
South America   CW   19     1.6
Europe          CW  363    30.7
Asia            CW   65     5.5
Africa          CW    9     0.8
Oceania         CW    7     0.6

     SSB
North America   SSB  127    10.7 out of it W/VE 106
South America   SSB   43     3.6
Europe          SSB  327    27.7
Asia            SSB   32     2.7
Africa          SSB   16     1.4
Oceania         SSB    5     0.4

Most common was DL 47/45 QSOs followed by F,G,OK,UA9,EA....
On CW no W6/7/0 + VE only marginal
On SSB no W5/6/9/0 and suprisingly one AZ made it.
But do not think the missing "numbers" are complete - far from this. Only W2s on
both modes and W1s on CW. In W4s on CW SC+TN missing on SSB AL+KY missing.

Only ONE NEW single "State" mult. worked in Sunday - NS.
In saturday "USA" started from PY and later moved to direct pass. I was long on
the CW since most of the stations were WEAK. I thought "this" is the maximum and
went to SSB but obviously it was too late and that is why so few states there.
In Sunday everybody came direct, but "everybody" was mostly FLA and just a few
of the big guns which were mostly marginal. For instance W4AN called me and was
something like 55 and Bill had to repeat everything 3 times. It took me 5
minutes to reach KC1XX who was 339 with me. It was very frustrating to hear the
EAs,CT and 9H6A and other suthern stations to work Ws and I heard exactly
NOTHING. Nothing similar like the described propagation to Northern Europe
described by many observed here ?!
Best hour only 136 QSOs. Only one single JA surprisingly worked in Sunday.
Almost half of the QSOs made while S&P.

I knew I could not be competitive in the minimum from the Middle of Europe on
10m, it was just operation for fun, which it was. The propagation was very
interesting with most of the phenomenna known beeing present.

73 !
Jiri