[3830] ARRL 10 VE7UF SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 16 14:07:20 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: COMOX

   CW:  730    76
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  730    76  Total Score = 222,528

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

The band folded before the contest started.  I started as LP but changed to HP
do to extremely poor conditions.  Had some 130/hr runs during the east west
openings Sat and Sun.  Eight out of the first 10 stations that called were ve7
so I got to meet the friendly competition at the start which is extremely
unusual.  I have 17 ve7 calls in the log.   Only worked 2 JA and no EU.  Missed
ND, AK, DE, NS, MB, NWT, & YT.  One KH6 was sending qso # and another was
sending HI?  My version of K1EA doesn't know what to do with eigher one & same
with AK so I will edit the cabrilo text file again & probably lose 2 mults to
the log checkers again.  It took extra strength to operate during the slow hours
but still had fun.  Thanks to all that called.
73 Duane VE7UF