[3830] ARRL 10 WX3B M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 18 07:02:34 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, W3ARS
Station: WX3B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD

   CW:  246    43
  SSB:  624    50
-------------------
Total:  870    93  Total Score = 392,832

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A very fun 15.5 hour effort - thanks to Clint, W3ARS for helping out.

Highlights for me were:

1.  Getting the second radio to receive on 10m CW while the main radio was
running SSB.  This was great fun plucking off multipliers/QSOs.  I ended up
using a 15 meter vertical resonator on my mobile antenna - placed diagnally as
far away from the transmit beams (and to the side of them) as possible.   It
worked great!

2.  The opening Saturday night was amazing!  Got home and turned radio on at
11:30pm.

Band sounded like 20 meters - heard all the west coast states, midwest, NY,
NJ,
New England, and even a couple VKs past midnight.  Shut down at 2:00am and
band was still hopping with big stateside signals.

Happy Holidays to all.

73,

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B