[3830] CQWW CW W5ZL SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 18 15:44:40 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W5ZL
Operator(s): W5ZL
Station: W5ZL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 12:15

  160:   10     5        4
   80:   10     6        7
   40:  104    22       49
   20:   73    25       47
   15:  121    20       57
   10:  190    26       68
------------------------------
Total:  508   104      232  Total Score = 463,344

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Pretty decent conditions, so what's my excuse for the poor showing? Best I can
come up with is that two weeks ago while in the process of lengthening my 80 M
dipole to hit the low end of 80 for the contest I fell off my roof and suffered
a compression fracture of L1. Not recommended training for CQ WW. The back brace
is somewhat limiting, and pain pills and muscle relaxers are not great for
improving one's ability to pull weak stations out of a pileup! I'll try to think
up a better excuse for next year.