[3830] TBDC AE9B Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 28 06:01:45 EST 2003

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B
Station: AE9B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO

Total:  QSOs = 444  Total Score = 1,684

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Not sure about the score everyone else with significantly fewer QSO have higher
scores OH Well... I did what I could. Best score so far with a storm centered
just west of Kansas City at 1 hour before dusk it took all night to move across
the state. Felt like a big gun with the 1/4 wave vertical this year and the new
beverages (N0TT design) did great. Some stations not there then s9 plus when
switching in the right one. Was very pleased to work several EU including RA, G,
LY, YZ, DJ, OZ, EI, GM, SM but conditions were tough and every DX QSO was a
challenge. Was pleased to get a  call from ZL and especially my best DX VK6VZ
who took probably 15 minutes to help me get the grid exchange right finally,
Thanks STEVE. Writelog says 10,704 miles. I heard a couple JA but never got an
exchange. After fixing my 1000mp rig of clicks this year, I was much more aware
of other peoples.. Any cures for the IC775 out there?  Oh yea.. another peave..
why do stations post their GRID on the cluster and also on the QTH of this
entry..?

Best wishes for a great new year and thanks to the Boring Group for the
sponsorship.

Tom
AE9B

Any comments regarding my signal would be appreciated..