[3830] TBDC K1LT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 29 11:20:05 EST 2003

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Carroll, OH

Total:  QSOs = 364  Total Score = 1,694

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I'm currently building a house on 16 acres near Lancaster, Ohio.
Although the house isn't done, I've set up some temporary antennas for
160.  For transmitting, I have a 40 foot 'tee' hanging from a rope
strung between trees with 40 110 foot radials.  For receiving, I have
4 Beverages as follows:

NNE/SSW  800 feet (two wire)
NNW/SSE  900 feet (two wire)
ENE/WSW  500 feet (two wire)
ESE/WNW  500 feet (single wire)

So, I can cover 7 directions.  My apologies to all the stations in MN
and VE4/5/6 that I can't hear because I didn't have a wire pointing
their way.  BTW, the rig was an Icom 765 and K8ND's ETO '91 amplifier
(thanks, Jeff!).

After each event, I have to pack up my gear and haul it through the
icky, squishy, slippery, heavy, boot sucking, stinking mud back to the
barn for storage, since the builder insists on building stuff in my
"shack."  :-)  I will never disparage grass again.

When the house is finished sometime just after the CQ 160 test, I plan
on permanent antennas, such as a full sized vertical, and more
optimally positioned Beverages.

CU on 160.

Victor, K1LT