[3830] TBDC W5EKF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 30 18:27:08 EST 2003

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W5EKF
Operator(s): W5EKF
Station: W5EKF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA

Total:  QSOs = 248  Total Score = 1,736

100W OMNI 5  ANT:INVERTED L WITH 3 RADIALS No Receive only ant.

 This was my first Stew Perry and second 160 MTR contest. I didn't believe there
were so many people on 160. I made a major stratigic error, and took a nap from
0600Z to 0830Z. No wonder I didn't hear any Europeans I did get a couple of the
guys in the Caribian, and KH7X which was my longest. I did hear a couple of
JA's, but couldn't copy them.
 I am a beginner on 160, and hope to better the antenna situation and have a
better feel for the band by next year.
    -73- Bill