[3830] NA Sprint SSB N2NL HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 05:03:33 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL

   80:    0       0
   40:  109     1.5
   20:  127     2.5
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

400W into "stealth" antenna: two 1/4 wave reasonant wires taped to opposite
sides of an MFJ 33ft fiberglass mast.

http://www.n2nl.net/VERTICAL.HTM

Really a humbling experience, but enjoyable if that is possible.  It's fun when
you get rolling along, but frustrating getting beat 2/3 of the time and CQing on
mostly dead bands when everyone has moved on to 75m.  This antenna is much more
suitable for DX - KH6DV said I was loud on 40 - but I couldn't copy him through
the BC noise which I have no way to null.  I skip right over alot of folks on 20
and couldn't hear alot of close in stuff.

FL seemed somewhat rare this time around.  I think a lot of FCGers were down at
the Miami hamfest.

I'm happy with the mult total...heard but couldn't work MS, UT, and NV.  I found
some good stuff on 40 late including AR, SC, and DE which others might have
missed.

I hope some of these mults will give the real sprint a try next Saturday night.
I hope to be on from a "real" station.

Very touching to hear lots of guys using "Mike" in support of AG9A.  Also heard
one "Columbia"....it's been a sad week.

73, Dave N2NL