[3830] NA Sprint SSB K9TM HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 06:32:36 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K9TM
Operator(s): K9TM
Station: K9TM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: oh

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC

Comments:

After getting off to my best start ever (105 and ahead of KW8N both times I
worked him), I thought I finally was on the right track.  At the beginning, I
was able to hold my own on 40m.  When it was time to go back to 40 around 0120Z
I found the Aurora and for whatever reason it appeared that noone could hear me?
 I was getting beat out every time, had people jump right on top of my cq's and
it made for a miserable couple of hours.  All that enthusiasm from the start was
now gone.  It appeared that I was worked out on 20m as no one answered my cq's
there either.  So it was ~2 hours of tuning around listening to people I already
worked, work other people I already worked.  The last hour on 80 was not very
good either but at least I was able to make Q's once people went there.  At 2315
I was only 15 Q's behind KW8N (considering how much I thought I struggled the
previous 2 hours I thought that was acceptable)... but by the end he had me by
~40.  I guess I really need bigger antennas on 40/80 but that isn't going to
happen on my city lot.  Maybe an Alpha 77DX would help :-)