[3830] NA Sprint SSB W7UQ(KL9A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 2 10:37:13 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Moscow, ID

---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team: Team SO1R

Comments:

Only worked a handful of east coast, and they were weaker than usual.  Just
couldn't hear anyone east (and north) of the SMC boyz.  The 4's were nice and
loud.  It's always frustrating to hear the guys in AZ/CA work all kinds of stuff
you can't even hear!  Worked W7WA off the aurora after snagging VY1JA.  Missed
AL1G (Sorry Corliss) for another "easy" mult.  Heard YN1BB but he couldn't hear
me.  The VP5 on 14195 was weak and couldn't hear me.  Strange.  20 shut down
real early too... bye bye sunspots.

37 mults... crazy.  But I did have my best sprint hour of 82 the first hour!
:)

Too many people don't send the exchange correctly who should know better!  It
almost makes me want to not do the SSB Sprint (like lots of other guys).

I noticed a few people must have been using SCP and thought I was someone other
than Joe.  Shame on you. :)  (Joe Vandal is the University of Idaho Mascot)

TS440, TH7, Wire through tuner

Here's to hoping conditions aren't so bad in CW.
-Chris KL9A
kl9a at qsl.net