[3830] XE RTTY F6IRF LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 3 07:38:44 EST 2003

                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN35AU
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

   80:   64         24
   40:   48         24
   20:  117         30
   15:   62         26
   10:    9          4
------------------------
Total:  300  896   108  Total Score = 96,768

IC706 barefoot (25 to 50W depending on bands and rig temp)
OPT6-3M tribander @12m, in 335 fixed direction - dipole 40/80 @17m, R7 vertical
@6m.

Unfortunately my antenna rotator died on Saturday. With the antenna blocked on
Az335; it would have been ok for a TF or a KH6 test, but definetely not for an
XE contest...
Of course,  I did not manage to get a  single XE in the log; due to the
extremely poor condx, and the high local noise, it would have been difficult
anyway...
Good activity in Europe especialy on 20m...  Once again was surprised to see the
sustained traffic you can generate just calling with 30W (and with the antenna
in the wrong direction most of the time!)... really amazing!
Only my second part time trial in a TTY test, but enjoyed it ...

Thanks to all for the QSO's - 73's Patrick F6IRF