[3830] NA Sprint CW VE3WO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 8 20:20:55 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: VE3WO
Operator(s): VE3WO
Station: VE3WO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Sudbury, ON

   80:
   40:   91    2:24
   20:   46    1:36
---------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: Team CCO

Comments:

One band change, from 20m to 40m, 1.5 hrs into the contest.  A band change for
me entails slogging out to the mast through hip-deep snow, lowering dipole #1,
connecting the feedline to dipole #2, raising it up again, then back to the
shack.  Takes a few minutes for the fingers to thaw; wet fingers stick to cold
PL259's!...

I always seem to forget how hard these Sprints are.  If these don't make me a
better CW contester, nothing will.

CCO members worked:  VA3NR and ZF1DZ; heard Bob VE3KZ, but couldn't raise him.

High point:  working a weak & watery Jay VY1JA on 40m with 7 minutes to go!  A
close second is Yuri making all the kW's shush by sending "VE3?" and letting me
work that DX!  Thanks, OM.

Had fun, think I qualified for the "Worked-All-Cat" award.  Must have 30 of them
in the log, hi.

Go Go CCO!

73 to all,
de VE3WO - Travis