[3830] NA Sprint CW K7RI(K7SS) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 8 22:40:07 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7RI
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WWA

---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: Corner Pocket

Comments:

SPRINT RULES!! GREAT 20 and 40 meters! Mults just seemed to fall into place.
Still doing it the OT way....paper and pencil, so may have some dupes.
Sorry to anyone I called who I had already worked. Usually can keep it pretty
straight, but when I went from 40 back to 20, then back to 40, somehow my
mental dupesheet wiped out...and I couldnt remember WHO I had already worked.
Must be time to learn to computer log (yeah...right!). 20 was rolling from the
start....and it was hard to decide to try 40, but realized right after getting
to 40 that it was the right place to be. Delayed going to 80 as long as
possible, so hit it with a half hour left, and could only work the few
W7 and northern W6 boys easily...everyone else seemed to just not hear the NW
guys.....so back to 40 and a nice mult suprise in NEBRASKA at the end.
Again thanks to the K7RI homestead for allowing me to use the station.
KT36XA at 80', 2 el 40 at 60' and a sloper for 80.  Was great to have the CORNER
POCKETEERS team show so well....and the tribute to Cat and Jim Maxwell (the
master of the limerick, among many other things..) and Sandy W7BX, was
touching...and heartfelt by all.