[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL(@K1PT) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 9 09:55:16 EST 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K1PT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL

   80:   71    1:00
   40:  141    1:15
   20:  151    1:45
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: S Sprint Coal #1

Comments:

FT1000MP/Alpha 76
Omni VI/SB220

C31XR @ 60ft (3el on 20)
402CD @ 70ft
80m Inverted VEE @ 55ft

   This time around I really felt like a mouse amungst elephants.  I got beat
NUMEROUS times, especially on 20 and 40 where I usually seem to be able to hold
my own.  I'm glad Paul, K1PT, was out of town otherwise he'd wash my mouth out
with soap - it was a curse filled evening.  At times I was rolling right along,
other times I couldn't break a pileup to anybody.
   I spent way too much time on 20m.  40 was great the entire 4 hours, and I
should have been there more.  With the sunspots declining I need to rethink my
strategy for the future.
   On the other hand, multipliers were a very high spot for me.  For the first
time I took a tip of listening low in the bands for mults which might not
necessarily be in the contest.  QSO #1 happened to be HR5/F2JD.  Also found a CO
and HI3.  Other DX included XF1 and ZF1 who both were working the contest.
Missed VE6, but I did work VY1JA and VE9DX (Thanks to both for getting on!).  I
heard AR, VT, and RI but got beaten to all three.  I never heard WY.
   Thanks to Paul for letting me use his station even while he was away for the
weekend.  Congrats to all the big scores....especially Bill Fisher who wasn't
even planning on getting on.  He certainly raised the bar to another level.

73, Dave N2NL