[3830] RTTY WPX W4GKM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 9 18:38:56 EST 2003

                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W4GKM
Operator(s): W4GKM
Station: W4GKM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN

   80:  135   306
   40:  181   512
   20:  316   495
   15:  206   468
   10:  152   407
-----------------
Total:  990  2188  Prefixes = 346  Total Score = 757,048

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I started the contest one hour late and never really was able to get caught up
with the rest of the pack.  We have had lots of snow and ice here in Crossville,
TN the past couple of weeks and the ice caused most of my antennas to have a
very high SWR.  One rotator is not working and so I have presented my usual
excuses...hi hi.  Enjoyed the contest and did better than I thought considering.
 Everyone was very thoughtful and polite, no rudness that I saw, and I was asked
only once to move just a little in a very nice way.

My new antenna array worked very well even with the very high SWR.  It consist
of a TH6DXX at 100' - TH6DXX at 66' and a TH7DXX at 33'.  Switching is achieved
by using a WX0B Stackmatch.

As usual Writelog works like no other software that I have every used....I love
it and have never had any problems with the program.  I noticed several TCG
members on and with very competive signals.

Nick - W4GKM