[3830] ARRLDX CW N2GA SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 16 16:11:16 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NY

  160:    1     1
Total: 1389   269  Total Score = 1,120,923

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of NY

Comments:

Definitely a low key effort after the last two years at VP5GA. Circumstances
prevented operation there this year.  I enjoyed this contest operating from
stateside, though.  Biggest thrill is being called by rare DX. Some stations
that called in were TF3GB, P3F, HZ1HZ, CN8YR among others.  Also, enjoyed
busting the pileup on 9V1YC in the last few minutes of the contest.  Enjoyed
working fellow YCCC'ers VP9/W6PH and P4/K2LE.  On the downside, how come so many
DX stations refuse to sign their callsign?  It's becoming almost common to see
some stations go 10 or more callsigns without giving their call - this is
downright rude if not illegal!  Having operated as DX many times, there is just
no reason for this!  All-in-all, it was a lot of fun - and it reminds me why I
love CW!  Thanks to everyone for all the Q's!