[3830] ARRLDX CW KR2Q SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 06:54:29 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: NJ

   15: 1408   100
Total: 1408   100  Total Score = 422,400

Congrats to K4BAI (any others?).  My first time QRO in over a decade.  Abandoned
qrp to attempt to have some fun running...oh well, condx less than spectacular
(and less than expected).  Nice JA opening Friday and esp Saturday night, but
many signals were really, really weak...at least it was sustainable.

Surprised at the number of dupes who called in 2, 3, even 5 times.  I just
worked 'em again (75 total, not included in above counts).  Also surprised at
the amount of QRP activity.  Worked 83 guys claiming qrp power, including 3 @ 1
watt each.  Worked qrpers from 29 countries, ONE of which was a mult (GU).

TS940S, TenTec Titan, 22 year old 104CD @ 82 feet (tower 1), HB 5L at 60' (tnx
N3RS design) on tower 2, 2L quad fixed S @ 38 feet (tower 1).

Lost about an hour Saturday morning (just before/at sunrise) because I had
switched to 160 to listen around around midnight....forgot to switch it back.
Cudn't figure out why nothing worked, the amp wudn't load, and the rotor
indicators were going crazy.  Ripped everything apart trying to figure it out
when it finally hit me (lid).  Yes, THIS is what getting old is like.

de Doug KR2Q