[3830] ARRLDX CW N2NT SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 07:15:26 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Total: 3793   435  Total Score = 4,949,865

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Bad week at the homestead. Lost our water pump and just got it fixed in time for
the weekend, otherwise would have bagged the contest. Very tired going in, and
knew I wouldn't make the full 48 hrs.
I had no time to check things, and found my tribander was dead at the start.
No big deal, I only use it to point south for multipliers.
Then CT had no check partial function, even though master.dta was there.
Felt like the old days, where you actually had to copy callsigns!

Started dozing off on Saturday night around 06z, and began sending gibberish!
I remember sending a dream on the air, that must have sounded great. Something
about the Mayor of NYC I think. Went to lay down around 08z. and set the alarm
for 0930. I have no idea if it went off! I woke up at 1230z. Almost didn't get
back on because I was so upset I missed the best hours for running.
Anyway, I stuck it out, and pleased with the result.

Was there some kind of QRP event this weekend? I wish I had a dollar for every 5
watter from EU. Some were very loud too!

73, Andy