[3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 09:43:47 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT

Total: 1862   352  Total Score = 1,966,272

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were definately off of last year.  10M opened later, closed earlier
and no JA (although I heard one briefly).  15M and 20M were okay with some real
nice long path on 20M on Sunday from 22Z until the end.  40/80/160 did not seem
nearly as productive as last year.  Good mult counts, but the Qs were off and
and sometimes a struggle.  Seemed like spring conditions, earlier than normal at
times.

Score was down 20% plus from last year.  Higher mults but much lower Qs.  75% of
the Qs missing were on 10M and I wasn't able to make the rate up on 40,  In
fact, 40 was down 25 Qs from the year 2002.

Some really nice operations took place on the DX side.  Congrats to them, nice
job!

A surprising number of QRP stations with really good signal strength vs. others
from the same country.  Must be some pretty impressive antenna farms being
driven by 3 - 5 Watts!

73,

Ed  N1UR

Equipment Here:  FT990 and FT1000MP, TR Log, TopTen SO2R box.

Antennas:  10M  3 el @ 25 ft
           15M  3 el @ 30 ft
           20M  2 el Delta Loop to EU @ 30 ft
           40M  Vertical