[3830] ARRLDX CW N3RS M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 12:23:52 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): KF3B, KQ3F, N3ED, N3RD, N3RS, W8FJ
Station: N3RS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA

   40: 1318   104
   20: 1266   110
   15: 1535   115
   10: 1165   115
-------------------
Total: 5809   556  Total Score = 9,689,412

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

An unusual weekend to be sure!  We had lots of snow, which caused some of the
op's with difficult drives home to leave a bit early.  I am currently snowed in
with well over 2 feet of snow with an ice coating.  New members of the team were
Joe, KQ3F and Alan, KF3B.  Both did a great job helping to keep the station
manned.  At the end of the contest, N3RD, KF3B and N3RS kept things moving.
Both Dave and Alan needed to dig their vehicles out before leaving.
Fortunately, we had no antenna problems, nor did any equipment fail.  Some minor
glitches with CT were uncovered and we will talk to Ken about those separately.
It certainly was a weekend to remember.

My thanks to all those QRP stations that made weak signal copying an interesting
challenge.  Congrats to K4JA and his Super team for a splendid effort and to
K1KI for a great effort with some crippled antennas.

73 de Sig, N3RS