[3830] ARRLDX CW W2GD(@NO2R) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 19 15:48:56 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: NO2R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ

   20:  426   100
   15:  548    97
   10:  364   101
-------------------
Total: 2202   501  Total Score = 3,309,606

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A big thank you to NO2R for loaning his station while he enjoyed the warm
breezes at PJ4G.  The station "rocks" Pete!

IC756ProII, Alpha 87A
KT34XA
402CD
2 ele 80M wire beam
2 ele Inverted L array on 160
Beverages NE, W, SE.

Work related activities kept me out of the game at critical times, during the
first few hours, and during both sunrise periods.  Condx. seemed good to
excellent.  Bands seemed very quiet Fri/Sat.  Approaching snow storm made things
a bit more difficult Sunday morning/afternoon.  Thank god for beverages.  Snow
forced an early QRT at 2100 Sunday to avoid being stuck away from home.

I really missed doing this one from P40W...not only to give Jim and Andy a run
for the SOABHP Aruban title, but also to have had the opportunity to visit with
Carl,  Sue, Emily, Jacob, Randy, Tony, DJ, and the rest of the Aruba gang.
Maybe next year.

Used CT interfaced to the internet and it was rock solid all weekend on a DSL
line.  Probably did too much mult chasing and not enough running but decided
early on this was just a fun outing.  There is a certain satisfaction to
breaking those huge packet callout pileups.  :-)

Hope to make it to S.A. for WPX SSB.

73, John W2GD

w2gd at hotmail.com