[3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Feb 21 09:16:59 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    3     3
Total:  400   145  Total Score = 173,130

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Snuck in about 7 hours of operating between many other
activities over the weekend.  Lots of rain static, even
on the Beverages.  Enjoyed testing another Beta version
of TR-Log.  Some nice new enhancements for the SO2R op
have been added, and the Icom interface works just great.

I like "going for it all," but casual operation has its
merits too.  I get to listen a whole lot more, and can
learn some things I might otherwise miss in the heat
of battle. Like listening to other operator's styles --
how they CQ, how they handle scrumming, how well they
are hearing, etc.  It's also a great play ground to test
different antennas, SO2R techniques, and other things
which I don't have time for in a competitive effort.

-Kirk  K4RO