[3830] NAQP RTTY KH6VV(KH6DV) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 24 13:21:38 EST 2003

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KH6VV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6DV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HI

   80:   7      6
   40:  42     29
Total:  49     35  Total Score = 1,715

Club:

Team:

Comments:

By the time I got home it was 0400Z, I operated 10 minutes on 40 meters
before the dinner call.  I returned to 40 meters a half hour later and
things were rocking. It was so nice to see so much rtty activity on 40
meters, there is so little non contest rtty activity on this band. After
40 minutes on 40 meters I moved to 80 and was pleasnetly surprised at
The abundance of good signals.  We have very little propagation on 80
before the contest ends, receive signals are good long before contacts
are easily made.  The band (80) was in the process of improving but time
just ran out.  Some signals on 80 were amazing, W2GR, K1AM, K9XD, K5AM,
W9HD all produced high level frustration here. K0HW in SD gets the
"Great 80 meter ears award" as he was as easy to work as an Wa, Or, Ca
station.  The Best name has to be "Wiz" by Walt AH6OZ. I listened to
Walt run on 10 meters while waiting for return phone calls, He was
definatly living up to the handle, the Wiz was working in high gear.

Thanks to everyone who answered my rtty reflector question about the
WF1B .ini file the night before the contest, there were an amazing
number of rtty experts ready to help. I posted this question at
midnight Hawaii time and had over a dozen replies within a couple
hours. I now know Im not the only guy up late the night before a big
contest.

Aloha Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)