[3830] CQ160 SSB K7OX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 24 13:39:14 EST 2003

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K7OX
Operator(s): K7OX
Station: K7OX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA

Total:  QSOs = 408  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 6  Total Score = 51,260

The Amp was claimed by "Murphy" just before the start of the Contest. Since I
had already launched my Balloon antenna decide to enter as Low Power.  Which on
this band must border on the insane or QRP.  It was a humble experience and
found couldn't hold a freq very long and someone would push me off.  However did
find that if I went above 1900 I could get some decent runs going at times.  I
was rather amazed that I worked 6 countires.  The ARRL band plan just doesn't
work. I heard many "Big" contest stations scooping up DX stations that would/did
not listen above 1843. If you wanted to work them you had to go after them below
1843. The ARRL band plan will never work unless the FCC mandates it which I hope
they will not do. Even with low power had a lot of fun and that is why I kept
after it. Ran into some old friends and nice to chat with them, i.e., K6SE, N6RO
no pressure in this contest. Thanks to all for the QSO's in pulling my signal
out of the noise. See everyone again next year.