[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ7/ND5S SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 25 07:03:56 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ7/ND5S
Operator(s): ND5S
Station: PJ7/ND5S

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ST.MAARTEN

Total: 2873   296  Total Score = 2,551,224

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Another great time from PJ7 for this contest.

There were slow-rate early afternoons I've come to call the "Caribbean slump" as
stateside stations turn their beams to Europe and the peanut whistles down here
aren't heard off the side of the beams.

Ten meters was a lot more productive than I thought it would be.

My Butternut HF2V vertical performed great at 90 feet for the low bands, and my
Cushcraft MA5B mini-beam did a nice job on the high bands.

Thanks to DL3OI for activating WY and doing enough S & P for me to get him in
the log on 5 bands.

Highlight was having K7ABV from MT call me at 2358 for my last mult.

Missed DC LB NT YT NU.

Website will be updated later in the week at: www.qsl.net/nd5s