[3830] CQ160 SSB V31MD Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 26 19:57:01 EST 2003

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: V31MD
Operator(s): V31MD, W0CP
Station: V31MD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: BELIZE
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 532  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 15  Total Score = 32,984

Despite the typically high Caribbean noise, we had a great time fishing for Q's
on 160. The EU openings were too brief and the conditions were very difficult,
but the thrill of working from a new inverted L fed over a salt water lagoon
kept us going. The new EWE really helped cut down on the noise and we seemed to
be copying better than most of the stations we worked. Everyone was struggling
to pick out call signs during this one. This was V31MD's first 160 contest and
you can expect to hear more from him in the future. He says he's hooked!