[3830] TBDC S50C(@S51TA) Multi-Op HP

s53cc@lea.hamradio.si s53cc@lea.hamradio.si
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:52:37 -0800

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: S50C
Operator(s): S51TA, S53MM, S53CC
Station: S51TA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JN76

Total:  QSOs = 299  Total Score = 1

Club: Contest Club Slovenia

Comments:

This contest was the first test for our two new 300m beverage receiving antennas
and one inverted L antenna with vertical portion not higher then 15m. Beverages
seems to work fine, but inv L was never enough efficient for good result.

JA0BDK was worked for only JA station at 18:17 GMT with strong signal. Several
JA stations where heard latter, but none of them heard us. One was even CQ-ing
more then 20 minutes on our QRG and never heard us calling him.

VY2ZM called us at 20:54 for first NA contact. He was not too strong but his
call give us promise for further NA DX. The band really never open to NA. VY2ZM
and VE1ZZ where copied all night, but they where never strong. Till morning we
contacted several more NA stations, and several more were heard but never
worked. FM5BH came back on our CQ with fine signal.

The disadvantage of this location is local AM broadcast station operating at
917kHz, with harmonic at 1834 kHz spreading plus/minus in direction to NA. DX
window around 1835 is therefore useless for us. I think some of NA stations
never left that window, because we never heard them when S&P.

Best regards

Boris, S53CC