[3830] RTTY Roundup W5KFT(K5PI) Single Op HP

rbrandon@austin.ibm.com rbrandon@austin.ibm.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:32:45 -0800

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX

Total: 1526  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 61  Total Score = 181,594

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I've done a couple of multi-ops with K5DJ, but this was my first solo RTTY
effort.  Ron and I had planned a multi-op, but he wasn't able to participate, so
Mr. Murphy joined me instead.  I got a late start on setup and couldn't get the
automated antenna switching working in time, so with 20 minutes to go, I aborted
and used a patch panel.  I lost computer control on one rig but had a spare.
One of the AL-1500s started arcing, so I put an FL-2100 on the table in its
place -- what a great little workhorse it's been.  I did only a little reading
and testing with SO2R with Writelog, but managed to make it work okay.  It's
certainly different than TR.  Twenty four hours of radio and six blissful hours
of overnight sleep.  What more could you ask for!