[3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL Single Op HP

K6LL@juno.com K6LL@juno.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:09:17 -0800

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ

Total: 1543  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 50  Total Score = 169,730

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

That was fun!

The low bands were great!

Participation, at least in the US and Canada, seemed higher.

On the down side, propagation to Europe was lousy from out
here. Out of 1543 Qso's, only 76 were Europe.

My second radio experienced problems on Sunday. The TS-850's
power output started varying unpredictably between zero and
100 watts. I shut it down and went back to one radio. That
quickly became so boring, just pressing the CQ button over
and over, that I just had to put the 850 back on line, using it
only for S&P. Sometimes it transmitted, and sometimes it didn't.
After a while it settled mostly into about 30 watts, and I got
through Sunday that way.

I am not an avid two-radio guy, having been forced into it
to keep my position in the top ten on cw contests. However, on
RTTY, the second radio adds so much fun, that I wouldn't consider
operating without it. Once you try it, you will never go back.

See you in the NAQP next weekend. Hopefully, I can fix the 850
by then. 73, and thanks for all the QSO's.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ