[3830] NAQP SSB AE9B M/2 LP

tombaugh@discoverynet.com tombaugh@discoverynet.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:12:21 -0800

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B, W0ZAP, KC0DLM
Station: AE9B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MO

Total: 1273   240  Total Score = 305,520

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Had to put up a couple antennas after arriving back home from a hamfest at 10
AM. 16:00 GMT
Back-up tribander, coax, rotator, control cable and 80M dipole took a little
longer than expected in the sub zero windchills in Lone Jack.
The second radio wasn't ready either so we wasted a couple hours getting things
setup.
We had planned a casual activity, although I have a hard time being casual when
it comes to competition.
So frustrated that things weren't up and running, I struggled to get the Sound
card functioning and never did.
We called CQ the entire contest w/out a memory device! I've learned to lower my
speech volume somewhat during contest but Bob, KC0DLM was back in rare form.
My plans of going to see my 11 year old daughter play basketball from 3PM until
she was done allowed Bob some valuable seat time in the run radio.
After his second CQ as Echo Alpha Nine Bravo, I reminded him of my call AE9B. I
wonder how many q's were logged ae EA9B while I was gone.
Rick, W0ZAP put in his usual solid performance and kept thinks rolling while I
was gone. We had the Rate-O-Meter over 500 (short term) a couple of times.. that
was cool.
It was nice to see a bunch (2 full teams and our M2) representing the local
Kansas City DX Club.
I'm sure our score will be in the lower 50% of the Multi's But we gained
valuable experience and had a good time.
Was that Sponge Bob at W5NN?