[3830] BARTG Sprint VE7ASK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 10:54:17 EST 2003

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VE7ASK
Operator(s): VE7ASK
Station: VE7ASK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

-----------------
Total:  113  113  Mults = 28  Total Score = 15,820

QSO	DX	JA	W	VE	VK	Cont
80m	10	2	0	3	1	0	1
40m	7	1	0	6	0	0	1
20m	56	6	0	8	4	0	3
15m	38	5	5	8	2	0	4
10m	2	2	0	1	0	0	2
Total	113	8	5	10	5	0	5

Score: 113*(8+5+10+5+0)*5 = 15820 points

Equipment: FT920, 2-ele 5-band hexagonal beam at 27', G5RV, 5-band vertical on
ground.

Comments:
Eight countries. Sheesh. Just couldn't get things going on any band -- did a lot
more calling this time, letting stations that could copy me determine whether we
could make a QSO of it. Found that S&P required plenty of fills, even with
stations that were booming in here, so I knew things weren't going to be easy
this time around.

80 and 40 were almost a washout, although I spent a lot of time there in the
evening. The G5RV strung over the maple tree tops at 27' is just too low. Will
have to really throw the fertilizer to the trees this spring. Another few feet
AGL would be welcome.

20M was OK, but nothing great. Heard a few EU stations during the Saturday
morning opening, but only managed to work OK6A and OK2WH for the continent mult.
Couldn't get the attention of the HA and OH stations I heard, with polar flutter
messing things up. Didn't hear any African stations at all.

Thanks to CX7BY for South America, and ZL2AMI for Oceania (QSO #1). Later,
worked or heard AH6HH and AH6OZ in a few places. I ended up with zip for VKs,
although I did hear VK6GOM for quite a while on 15M but couldn't get through.
VK4UC was in there, too, but again my signal wasn't up to the band conditions.

Worked a string of JA ops on 15 during the late afternoon Saturday -- nice to
find new calls to work just as the band is falling away here.

Looking forward to jumping in for the XE and WPX RTTY, and NA CW Sprint and ARRL
DX CW weekends coming up. Anyone know where we send requests for a third peak in
Cycle 23?

73, and thanks to all for the contacts!

-- Bud, VE7ASK