[3830] CQ160 CW N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 20:09:35 EST 2003

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 214  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 4  Total Score = 18,900

Condx were much better this year.  My improved TX vertical let me work more
stations, but I think I'm nearing the limit on TX antenna development, though.
My noise level was lower this year so I heard more stations, and I worked almost
everything I heard.
Actually worked some DX this year--KH6, FM, PJ and ZF.  I know these
are sort of beginner DX contacts, but a big deal to me.  Also picked
up three new states toward QRP WAS--PA, MD and SC.  I'm now at 44/40.
My best outing to date, and my 4th since "discovering" top band after
47 years of hamming. A really big improvement in QSOs, mults and
score.  Had to pull two all-nighters to do it, though.  I'm looking
forward to next year, plus any other contests with 160m cw activity.
73, Bob N6WG