[3830] BARTG Sprint K9JS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 27 13:36:11 EST 2003

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: K9JS
Operator(s): K9JS
Station: K9JS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

-----------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Might have messed the score up (like it matters with 80 Q's...) Need to get a
contest logging program that will do RTTY - WriteLog/MTTY seems to be the choice
for the serious guys, Use TRLOG for everything else and won't switch programs
except for RTTY - any other suggestions? Needs to work on a old laptop with a
166Mhz pentium.

SOAPBOX: Fun contest, Single radio single 20M dipole laying on a flat roof 15
feet above ground (internal tuner actually "matched" this to 10, 15 & 20),
single Hustler 40M mobile resonator on a mag mount on a sheet pan stuck out the
window. Very cool to work W7WW on 4 bands with this setup. Apartment living
doesn't allow any permanent outside antennas, and my injured back doesn't allow
me to drive to my usual contest station (AI9U), glad to make as many Q's as I
did. Tnx to all.